Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Farewell Mister Pirsig

I am lamenting the passing of Robert Pirsig (author of "Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and "Lila"), who died yesterday.

Robert Pirsig had more impact on my intellectual development than I can measure (up there with Carl Sagan & others). He was a giant and a genius and as talented as any human who has walked Planet Earth. I cannot say enough about him...so I will (at least for now) say no more.

Just gonna down a few shots of rum in his honor and continue to Chase the Dragon....

Here is a song I dedicated to him a few years back on the 3rd & final Alien Blue album called "The Mountain" (blues meets reggae with a George Benson-esque guitar solo)...warts and all (as it should be):

https://skinnydevilmusic.bandcamp.com/track/the-mountain

Go do something great, people. Write your name across the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment