Thursday, October 24, 2019

HAPPY 55!

Lexi-Fest 2019
Another birthday!

And for those who read these annual posts, I'm not dead.

Haha! Referencing last year's birthday post, re: recurring dream of dying before my 55th birthday. I didn't expect to die, of course. Not in any literal sense. But I also trust my subconscious and assume its telling me something. But more on that later.

It was a great day.

Went over and woke up the kiddos after packing their lunches and making their breakfast. Got hugs as my ex took the 2 oldest to school. Then I played with the youngest for a bit before taking him to school.

Tiffaney singing with Greg on bass & me on guitar!
Then it was GYM TIME!

Ripping workout, then trekked over to see the older 2 for lunch at school. (They ate - I just hung out.) Then I went to lunch myself....giant salad and bison tataki. Then hit the grocery and treated myself to some out of date antipasto! Hahaha!

After a full day of teaching guitar (private lessons at Hurst Music), I went home, had a bit of "out of my pay-grade" rum that I got last year as a gift from my good friend Eddy, and called it a day.....because days before, Greg Rhodus and I had our Birthday Jam at Twisted Cork (pictures coming as I get them) and I'll also be at Taziki's this Friday (tomorrow, from this writing).

One of my favorite singers!!
The Cork jam started slow and worked into a fevered pitch, with us just absolutely winging the last 3 songs ("Walking the Dog", "Purple Haze", and "Suzie Q", if memory serves).

Taziki's tomorrow should be a blast, though far more laid back.

As I do each year, I'm posting an ODIS picture (that stands for "Old Dudes In Shape") as a challenge to my buddies who also post ODIS. Good accountability and keeps us all motivated!

If you are interested in the stories & photos from past birthdays, you can start with LAST YEAR, which also links to all other posts.

That's it for now. Gotta get to work on the Lexi Music Awards now, and then go teach the first day of a new group guitar session at Willis Music!

See y'all soon...in person, online, on TV, or wherever we shall meet!

#StayFierce #SkinnyDevil #FierceAF #SDMLguitar #LexiMusicAwards
I need to post one that is more ab-friendly (haha!), but there ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment