Wednesday, April 15, 2020

PRESS

with Max Corona of WBVX radio
I was recently asked about press stuff I'd done. Most of the broadcast media is local TV, which is no longer available, and many of the radio things were never available, and the various local print pieces are also not available. That said, there are quite a few out there - from blogs to radio to TV and the like - so I'm trying to collect them all to put here. 

I'll include pieces on me in general (usually as a teacher or player) as well as interviews I've done for the Lexi Music Awards (a show I founded and still produce). When possible, I'll include publish/air dates.

The list will NOT include appearances on national TV & radio (Woodsongs, PBS, Lifetime, MTV) as I wasn't being interviewed in most cases, and also won't include interviews or stories on students who mention me or SDML Academy of Guitar in the stories (various TV spots, Family Magazine, and others), or articles I've written for Zen Guitar or 8-notes or MusicDish or other web publications or print publications in the past. The list will also not include long-form shows where I've also been interviewed, like my 2017 appearance on Red Barn Radio.


I have, however, interviewed a LOT of folks, and all those are available at Skinny Devil Magazine, as are many lessons I wrote for Tinfoil Music Magazine, Insane Guitar, and more.
student Caitlyn Waltermire ending interview w/ song

If you have any not listed, please feel free to drop me a line and I'll include them. Thanx!

PLAYER/TEACHER/MUSICIAN PRESS:

Mainstreet Media TV interview part one and part two

WEKU FM - Pandemic Discussion with Wendy Barnett 

Disaster Peace Theater - interview #2

Maximize Podcast "Health & Fitness"

Doc's Podcast (3+ hour conversation) episode "Bouquets and Brickbats" 9/2/2020

Disaster Peace Theater - interview #1 9/2020

Maximize Podcast "Banishing Negative Thoughts" 9/20/20

WKYT-TV (Covid-19 "virtual lessons") interview on video and in print

WUKY (Covid-19 & arts community) 3/23/20

WBVX (Covid-19 & arts community) 3/20

Star Chamber Show #175 7/3/19

Overheard Productions from Australia (my 2nd interview with Bill Quinn) 1/5/17

WTVQ-TV interview on Midday Kentucky 3/13/17

WTVQ interview 3/17

WKYT-TV Prince Tribute interview with Amanda Aday 8/23/17

with students Julia Knight, Sydney Cubit, Slade Warnken
WLEX-TV with Lee Cruise

TV-36 interview with David & student Sydney Cubit

WRFL Radio for Almira Fawn Benefit

WKYT-TV interview re: YMCA scholarships 12/13/12

Corner Booth interview series (30 plus conversations with area musicians) for WEKU radio - my interview is HERE. (date unknown)


LEXI AWARDS & LEXI-FEST PRESS:

WUKY for 2021 awards show

Bluegrass Homefront (pre-2021 award press) 11/18/2020

Overtones Series with Renee Collins Cobb 1/29/18

WUKY (re: Awards) 1/29/16

WBVX

WLEX-TV

Rich Copley's Copious Notes on Montgomery Gentry, TeeDee Young, etc Lifetime Awards HERE

WLXU awards post-show interview
2018 Lexi Music Awards press links HERE

2017 Lexi Music Awards press links HERE

KY Kernel story HERE 

2016 Lexi Music Awards press links HERE

Herald-Leader Lexi-Fest Festival story 9/2016

LexGo pre-show press for Lexi-Fest Festival 9/2016

Greenhouse17 article on awards & Lexi-Fest

21 press pieces on the Lexi Music Awards for 2014 & 2015

WUKY Lexi Music Awards interview for "Curtains at 8"
WTVQ-TV interview 

3 more 2015 pieces for Lexi Music Awards

Baker's Dozen more media pieces on the Lexi Music Awards 2/2015

Chevy Chaser article (re-print) for Lexi Music Awards 2/12/15










No comments:

Post a Comment