Saturday, June 1, 2024

FREE Guitar Lessons to FC Students



Howdy, all!

We have had an amazing response to the free lessons that we're doing in response to the budget issues at FCPS. We've extended to offer of a free summer guitar classes to private schools & home schoolers who may also be in need.

As of his writing, we have 78 registered students (about 10 in the G4 class, all others beginners), leading us to offer addition class times to accommodate everyone.

If anyone is reading this who has NOT registered, please contact me directly for info (I can be reached at sdmusiclab@gmail.com).

Classes begin THURSDAY, JUNE 6 at Willis Music. After the first class, we will also make a Zoom link available, though I strongly urge everyone to attend in person.

Class times are as follows:

G1 (beginner) students have he option of attending class at noon, or 5pm, or 6pm.
G4 (the "boot camp") students can attend the 4pm class.

Each class is roughly 40 minutes long, and we'll run the session for 8 lessons across 9 weeks (we're off Thursday, July 4). We provide all handouts and such - just bring a guitar and be ready to learn!

Yes, I also offer group classes year round AND private lessons year round. In addition, I teach workshops covering a wide array of topics (improvisation, social drumming, intro to piano, songwriting, etc).

For anyone who is interested in more info about me, my official bio can be found at our academy website HERE.

We have had a couple of guitar donations, so anyone in need, please don't hesitate to contact me to we can attempt to get you a guitar to use!

That about wraps it up for the moment. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone this Thursday at Willis Music! 

=====
If you value my work and want to support it......contact me for lessons (guitar, electric bass, ukulele, social drumming, songwriting, etc), sign up to my Patreon,  or feel free to leave a tip (one-shot or monthly):

PayPal (one-time or monthly options)
http://www.paypal.me/skinnydevilmusic

Venmo (one-time only)
www.venmo.com/David-McLean-47




No comments:

Post a Comment