Thursday, May 31, 2012

June Lifestyle Challenge

Yes, I know it's been a few months. Crazy times here at Skinny Devil Music Lab! But....better late than never! And I'll be using this to up-date everyone on a few things (see the "comments" section below).

Here we are...May 2012! Time for another challenge.

Working with Jason at Sneak Attack Studio, where I've spent a lot a time lately!



For those new to the challenges, it isn't to compete against others. It's to push yourself to greater heights, have some company & inspiration along the way, and a few ideas the help get us focused. For example, you can use this waving of the analytical knife to help organize your goals:

1) Exercise - Set a specific plan or goal(s). Keep us posted weekly (or more) on your progress!

2) Creativity - Music, art, writing, acting...set a goal to complete by month's end. Keep us posted!

3) Personal life - Re-affirm your personal relationships, get to that project/chore you've been avoiding, or just read a book you've always wanted to read!

4) Professional life - Set a work goal or change jobs or....just tell us what it is and keep us posted!

I'll post my goals below, and then provide weekly up-dates...

How about YOU?

4 comments:

  1. 1) Been working out like a fiend lately...yesterday alone was 2 work-outs that included (morning) Total Gym, 200 push-ups, 800 sit-ups, 300 squats, tabata, & 3 rounds on the heavy bag, and (evening) 50 pull-ups, 50 chin-ups, 200 squats, 400 calf raises...all wearing a 20 pound vest.

    2) Mixing the new ALIEN BLUE!!!!!

    3) Our 13 month old grandson lives with us now....which has taken a huge adjustment for a lot of reasons. While it has had a big impact (all the more so because we had no time to plan for it), it's also been an absolute joy!

    4) Been working hard on the new web-site design and the new Skinny Devil Magazine. Stay tuned for the launch of the magazine followed by the new site (which will also include a private section just for student resources)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Workout, either at home or gym 4 times per week. 10 day juice fast followed by Ani Phyo's fat blast.
    2. Write blues song for Blotto, scary theme song and song for Rock Opera.
    3. I plan to call David, Skinny Devil, every day. No I'm kidding. I am going to meditate with Paula, my wife and do the 10 day fast with her. Also I'm going to work to be a great father and help my daughter through the last part of the school year.
    4. Move forward with plan for zine, finish editing project and finish my songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. exercise is the trampet when i walk through from the lounge to the kitchen. really must move it further in so i cant walk round it :O. my little lady has an inspirational weight challenge on FB at the moment so i am going to try to follow her as well but she is so into the gym at 6 in them morning (she has 4 kids) i went once about 10 years ago!!!
    2. creativity i have promised my residents a smoothie workshop where they get a free blender and they keep on at me about it. i just need to get put my info in an ADHD environment format. the challenge to be completed :)
    3.personal i have with the help of amazing friends been doing my garden and it is evolving beautifully after the bamboo devastation. i am going to a shamanic workshop at 6am tomorrow morning which i am really excited about and need to work out today if the seats in my new car will go back so i can sleep in the back at a petrol station or something as Totnes will be too expensive to even look at. need to look very soon as it looks like it is about to pour with rain out there.
    4. professional goal is to monitor my monthly outgoings against my incomings and work out whether i really should be changing a job that even though i moan about i love so much about.
    5. going out to check out those seats now :):) ..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. my major goal for June is to study study study so I can survive Advanced Patho and continue on in my studies. First exam was rough.

    2. Continue training in order to do the Iron Horse 1/2 in October as well as train to do the Tough Mudder also in October.

    3. Actually pick up my guitar and play as well as learn two new songs.

    ReplyDelete