Monday, December 27, 2021

Gratitude & Expectation

THANKFUL FOR so many things in 2021...

I'll post goals and such in a lifestyle challenge the first week of January (and hoping YOU will join me making "resolutions" & both short-term & long-term goals!), but what am I thankful for this year? Too many to name, but here are some highlights...

...overcoming covid-caused market difficulties and racing into the 8th Lexington Music Awards (with the help of folks like WLEX-TV, Highbridge Springs, Three Chord Bourbon, The Botany Bay, Ale-8, Overheard Productions, Goodwood Brewing & Spirits, and more)...

...successful gigs like Lexi-Fest 7 at EKU, a weekly run at Ranada's (playing & opening the mic for others), and a helluva birthday jam at Twisted Cork...

...lots of time with the kids and grandkids...

...a brief return to studio work and my home project studio now set up & ready to roar...

...a return to TV/radio (thanx to my friends at Woodsongs) getting to play with Grammy winners like blues legend Bobby Rush, bass legend Victor Wooten as well as rising stars like Phoebe White, the Wallace Sisters, Ameera De Mel, & more...

...having the opportunity to again book students & others for some amazing gigs via Skinny Devil Booking...

...being, as I've said many times, far more healthy than is warranted by my past & present lifestyle (though I'm still smashing those brutal workouts)...

...being blessed with amazing guitar/music students & the progress of SDML Academy of Guitar...with a HUGE nod to my partners in crime, JD Wright & Paulie Felice...

...being surrounded by more incredible & interesting humans than I could possibly deserve...

...getting to teach for Foster Music Camp alongside amazing instructors (Pam Perry, Joe Carruci, Duane Lundy, & Lee Carroll) and guest artists (guitar wizard Ben Lacy, chart-topping session legend Wanda Vick, Grammy winning artists Zach Brock & Jeff Coffin, Grammy nominated songwriter Lee Thomas Miller, Marty & Joslyn from The Sweet Compression, and Season 6 "Americas Got Talent" winner Landua Eugene Murphy, Jr) ...

...conducting several new "Guitar Gods" interviews with more on the way, kicking off a new songwriting instructional series, & more music/education writing...

By way of created content, not including monthly guitar & music lessons, 2021 saw (all completely FREE to the public):

SD Magazine: EIGHT songwriting articles (the new series "Sonic Sorcery"), FIVE one-off music lessons (from "Signature Chords" to the "America the Beautiful" Superbowl performance), THREE Jimi Hendrix style re-print lessons, THREE Zen Guitar lesson re-prints, and one "Guitar Gods" interview (with Grammy winning Jon Butcher) with more in the cue, & several others (including mu piece on "The Most Influential Guitarists of All Time"). Visit SD Magazine.

SD Universe: THREE "Ask Me Anything" music articles, and TWO large works: "The Music of Black Widow" (info & 3 song charts) and "The Music of James Bond" (info & 26 song charts), and a text & video lesson for a chord-melody version of the Christmas song "Silent Night". Visit SD Universe.

SD Television: Add to that 28 performance videos and THREE music-centric "Ask Me Anything" videos. Visit SD TV.

I am astounded every single time I wake up and realize that I'm not dreaming - I really do get to make my living in this world with a guitar in my hand and ideas in my head. 
Wow...and THANK YOU!! 

All of you!


=====
If you value my work and want to support it......contact me for lessons (guitar, electric bass, ukulele, social drumming, songwriting, etc) or feel free to leave a tip (one-shot or monthly):

PayPal (one-time or monthly options) 

No comments:

Post a Comment